Information session on draft document REGDOC-2.9.2, Environmental Protection: Controlling Releases to the Environment
Join us on April 9 and 12 for an informational webinar to learn more about draft document REGDOC-2.9.2, Environmental Protection: Controlling Releases to the Environment.
This new regulatory document sets out our requirements and guidance to licensees and applicants on controlling releases to the environment through these methods:
- applying the concept of best available technology and techniques economically achievable (BATEA)
- implementing licensed release limits and action levels for releases to the environment
- commissioning a system for treating nuclear and hazardous substances released to the environment and confirming system performance
- applying a process for managing potential risks to the environment
REGDOC-2.9.2 is now open to the public for consultation. Please share your comments with us on the draft document through our e-consultation platform. Visit https://www.letstalknuclearsafety.ca/regdoc-2-9-2 to provide your feedback.
The deadline to provide comments is July 27.
- CNSC regulatory framework
- Development process for regulatory documents
- Regulatory requirements for controlling releases to the environment
- History of REGDOC-2.9.2
- Purpose and scope of REGDOC-2.9.2
- Licence limits and action levels
- Expectations for new and existing facilities
- Providing feedback through e-consultation on REGDOC-2.9.2
Join the information session
Space is limited. You must register to join the webinar.
Deadline to register: April 8, noon (EDT)
Participants must register in advance through the link below to secure their spot. The Zoom link with login information will be sent via email prior to the webinar.
English session: April 9
Time: 10 to 11:30 am (EDT)
Registration link: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_e5AkZZi6R1-dMtP11M7huQ
French session: April 12
Time: 2 to 3:30 pm (EDT)
Registration link: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_5A_dWbkpT1uA2LB-RcLFnw
- Date modified: