Webinar: Darlington New Nuclear Project – Upcoming Licensing Review
Join us on November 15 and 22, 2022, for webinars on the upcoming licensing review of the Darlington New Nuclear Project.
Ontario Power Generation (OPG) is proposing to construct a small modular reactor of up to 300 megawatt electric as early as 2028 in the Municipality of Clarington, Ontario. In December 2021, OPG announced its selection of GE Hitachi’s BWRX‑300 technology. OPG currently holds a site preparation licence and intends to submit an application for a licence to construct in October 2022.
The purpose of this webinar is to:
- familiarize the public with the project and its activities
- discuss the CNSC’s licensing process
- discuss OPG’s licence application
- provide information on participant funding to review the following reports for the project: Use of Plant Parameters Envelope to Encompass the Reactor Designs Being Considered for the Darlington Site and Darlington New Nuclear Project Environmental Impact Statement Review Report for Small Modular Reactor BWRX-300
- answer questions about the project and the regulatory process
Join the webinar
Register to receive login details for the webinar.
Webinar: Darlington New Nuclear Project
Date: November 15, 2022
Time: Noon to 1:30 pm EST
Ask a question
We welcome questions any time. These may be addressed during or after the session.
- Darlington New Nuclear Project
- Darlington New Nuclear (source: OPG)
- Date modified: