Webinar: Cameco Fuel Manufacturing Licence Renewal Application
Join us for the second webinar on the Cameco Fuel Manufacturing (CFM) licence renewal application.
This webinar will be hosted on September 14, 2022.
CFM is a nuclear fuel fabrication facility located in Port Hope, Ontario, that manufactures nuclear fuel bundles for use primarily in Canadian power reactors. Cameco Corporation (Cameco) currently holds a Class IB fuel facility licence for operation of CFM, which is set to expire on February 28, 2023. CNSC staff are reviewing an application submitted by Cameco to renew the CFM licence for a 20-year period. The Commission hearing will be held on November 23–24, 2022.
The purpose of this webinar is to:
- provide information on the CFM licence renewal application
- discuss CFM's request for a longer licence term and production limit increase
- describe the CNSC technical assessment of the application
- provide information on the Environmental Protection Review Report
- explain how potential intervenors can participate in the upcoming Commission hearing
Join the webinar
This webinar will be hosted in English. Space is limited, so register in advance using the link below. When you register, you will receive a confirmation email with login details for the webinar.
To receive the webinar presentation in French, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
English session: September 14, 2022
Time: 1 pm to 2 pm EDT
September session registration
The CNSC reserves the right to cancel a webinar if enrollment does not meet the minimum number of participants.
The CNSC welcomes questions prior to the webinar.
- Date modified: