Nuclear facility licence application - BWXT Medical Ltd.
BWXT Medical Ltd. has commercially acquired and filed an application for a licence to operate the medical isotopes portion of Nordion (Canada) Inc.’s facility, located in Ottawa, Ontario.
Nordion (Canada) Inc. continues to operate the medical isotope facility until BWXT Medical Ltd. is issued a licence.
|Licensee:||BWXT Medical Ltd.|
|Owner:||BWXT Medical Ltd.|
|Status:||Applied for Class IB licence|
|Licensing documentation:||Public hearing documents and additional information will be available on March 10. The deadline for interventions is May 3. To view information and request an intervention, visit our Public Commission hearing participation request form page.|
|Licensee website:||BWXT Medical Ltd.|
- October 15 2021: CNSC issues BWXT Medical Ltd. a Class IB nuclear substance processing facility licence to operate a nuclear medicine production facility
- April 8, 2021: Webinar: BWXT medical licence application
The Commission is an independent administrative tribunal set up at arm’s length from government, without ties to the nuclear industry. Use the links below to find documents related to Commission meetings or hearings.
- February 12, 2021: Revised notice of public hearing on BWXT Medical Ltd.’s application for a Class IB licence (PDF)
The CNSC posts regulatory enforcement actions taken to protect the health, safety and security of Canadians and the environment. Use the links below to find out more about any orders or penalties that have been placed on this licensee, if any.
- No regulatory actions until licence is issued
Licensees must report events and incidents involving licensed activities that could impact the health, safety and security of Canadians and the environment to the CNSC. Use the links below to find any information provided by this licensee, if any, as well as other public disclosures made by licensees.
- No disclosure actions until licence is issued
- Date modified: