Best Theratronics Ltd.
Best Theratronics Ltd. (BTL) owns a nuclear substance processing facility, located in Ottawa, Ontario, and is licensed to operate the facility. The CNSC has full-time, dedicated staff who periodically perform inspections to evaluate operations and to verify compliance with regulatory requirements and licence conditions.
- Facility information
- Latest CNSC facility-specific announcements
- Disclosure protocol
- Regulatory reporting
- Other key topics
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Licensee: Best Theratronics Ltd.
Licence issued: July 1, 2019
Licence expires: June 30, 2029
Start of commercial operation: 2008
Licensing documentation: Request a copy of BTL's nuclear substance processing facility licence by email
BTL manufactures medical devices such as radiation cancer treatment equipment and radiation and X-ray-based blood irradiators. BTL recently began developing a line of cyclotrons for use in health care and research institutions. For more information, visit BTL’s website.
- May 22, 2020: Reportable event at Best Theratronics Ltd.
- June 26, 2019: Summary record of decision – Best Theratronics Limited – Application to renew the Class IB Nuclear Substance Processing Facility Licence
- February 29, 2016: Record of Proceedings - Redetermination of Designated Officer Order issued to Best Theratronics Limited
- September 10, 2015: Record of proceedings: Review by the Commission of the Designated Officer order issued on August 24, 2015
- March 23, 2015: Notice of hearing – Best Theratronics Limited – Application for approval of the proposed form and amount of their financial guarantee - Ref. 2015-H-103
- June 27, 2014: CNSC issues a licence to Best Theratronics Ltd.
- May 8, 2014: CNSC makes a decision to approve Best Theratronics Ltd.’s application for a Class 1B nuclear substance processing facility operating licence
- Hearing Notice to consider an application from Best Theratronics Ltd. (PDF)
- Record of Proceedings, Including Reasons for Decision (PDF)
As part of the CNSC's regulatory requirements, major licensees must have robust public information and disclosure programs in place.
Other key topics
- Date modified: