History of discussion paper DIS-10-01, Management of Uranium Mine Waste Rock and Mill Tailings
- July 2010: Consultation ended.
- July 5, 2010: Information Bulletin 10-16 issued; providing further feedback for public consultation.
- June 29, 2010: Information Bulletin 10-14 issued; providing additional feedback for public consultation.
- June 14, 2010: Information Bulletin 10-12 issued; providing stakeholder comments for public review and further comment.
- March 25, 2010: Information Bulletin 10-03 issued; initiating public consultation.
DIS-10-01, Management of Uranium Mine Waste Rock and Mill Tailings proposes guiding principles and direction for the management of mine rock and tailings generated by uranium mining and milling operations, to ensure the protection of the environment and the health and safety of Canadians.
This document describes the expectations and principles of the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission when making regulatory decisions regarding long-term management and control of mine rock and tailings during the full lifecycle of a uranium mine or mill facility.
The information gathered during the consultation will inform future regulatory direction to the applications of mining and milling projects on waste management to ensure the protection of the environment and health and safety of Canadians.
For questions or information related to DIS-10-01, please contact:
Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission
P. O. Box 1046, Station B
Ottawa, ON K1P 5S9
Telephone: 613-995-5894 or 1-800-668-5284 (Canada only)
- Date modified: