Internal Audit and Evaluation Reports
The Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission (CNSC) conducts internal audits and program evaluations to independently and objectively assess the performance of the CNSC in terms of its effectiveness and efficiency in relation to its regulatory mandate, as well as giving advice on related improvement initiatives.
CNSC Departmental Audit Committee
The Departmental Audit Committee (DAC) ensures that the CNSC president has independent and objective advice, as well as guidance and assurance on the adequacy of the CNSC’s control and accountability processes. The committee also reinforces the independence of internal audits. The DAC’s oversight responsibilities extend to the work of the CNSC’s Office of Audit and Ethics, as well as to areas and processes that include finances, values and ethics, risk management, management control and accountability reporting.
Internal audits provide management with objective assessments about the design and operation of management practices, control systems, and information, in keeping with modern comptrollership principles. Such audits are normally of an assurance nature, making use of criteria that set out what could reasonably be expected, with reporting in writing according to accepted standards.
- Audit of Financial Guarantees
- Audit of Contracting and Procurement
- Audit of the Nuclear Emergency Management Program
- Management Audit of the Western (Calgary) Regional Office
- Results of the Planning Phase – 2017 Audit of Revenue Management and Cost Recovery, (PDF)
- Office of the Comptroller General’s (OCG) Horizontal Internal Audit of Business Continuity Planning (BCP) in Large and Small Departments
- Follow-up Audit of the CNSC Performance Measurement and Reporting Frameworks, November 2011 (PDF)
- The report is based on recommendations made in the audit of 2011
- Audit of the CNSC’s Management of Information Technology and Telecommunications Assets (PDF)
- Horizontal Internal Audit of Information Technology Security in Large and Small Departments (Phase 1): Summary of the Audit
- Audit of the Operations Annual Planning Process (PDF)
- Audit of the Alumni Program and Engagement of Former Public Servants (PDF)
- Continuous Auditing: Acting Appointments (PDF)
Archived Internal Audit Reports
Previous internal audit reports listed below are available upon request. Please contact the Office of Audit and Ethics for assistance in obtaining the documents in PDF format.
Office of Audit and Ethics
Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission
280 Slater Street
P.O. Box 1046
Telephone: 1-800-668-5284 (in Canada) or 613-995-5894 (outside Canada)
Evaluations contribute to measuring success and identifying priorities or areas of focus for the performance objectives of the organization. They are conducted for the generation of accurate, objective and evidenced-based information to help managers make sound, more effective decisions on their policies, programs and initiatives and through this provide results for Canadians
- Evaluation of the Directorate of Nuclear Substance Regulation’s Compliance Verification Program
- Evaluation of the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission’s Class Grants and Contributions Program
- Evaluation of the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission’s Contributions to the Organisation of Economic Co-operation and Development
- Date modified: